Saturday, September 16, 2006

Welcome to the Knowledge Center! My name is Carolyn. I'm married and I have a son who just turned three this month. I' ve been researching the option of homeschooling for quite some time now, and although I have decided to homeschool him during the preschool years, I aim to take it one year at a time. From day one my husband has encouraged me. In fact, he first suggested we homeschool!

In January I'm starting my son on Before Five in a Row as he loves books and I'm drawn to the Charlotte Mason style of learning. I simply feel, based on all the facts, that this is the best program for him at this time. Next year or for Kindergarten, if he's still interested in animals as much as he is now, I wish to try out Roots & Shoots' Curriculum for Young Children. Right now I feel that's a little over his head.

I've been researching the option of homeschooling for over a year now, extensively reading on the subject, writing notes, calculating and evaluating. I have a good idea of what's out there and the choices, methods, benefits and who may not be ideally suited to homeschooling. I'm excited about sharing all that I know with you and as I keep learning, you will expand in your knowledge as well. Hence this is the Knowledge Center -- may you learn and grow alongside your children.

No comments: