Friday, January 16, 2009

Back From the Holidays

Whew.. has it been that long already? I can't believe I haven't blogged since December 11th, more than a month ago. I'm very proud of our blog visitors, because 149 out of 167 people knew where or what Aruba was. Nobody voted a language, a lake or food, or a city. Forgive me, but I couldn't help but chuckle when I see that 2 people voted "Yes, and it's not listed".  I wonder if there's a store, restaurant or the like called Aruba. Very likely. 

It seems that almost everyone knew it is an island, and 10 people voted An Island in the South Pacific. I can see that. "Aruba" sounds exotic. 2 people voted An Island Off the Coast of West Africa. In fact, the language spoken in Aruba, Papiamento, sounds similar to a language spoken in West Africa, specifically Ivory Coast. Hence the idea of including West Africa in the poll.

I want to come up with more polls in the future. It's fun. I also have quite a few posts I want to work on, but simply have been out of the routine. Now I'm catching up. This last month Son has grown another a hundredth of an inch, knows how to tie his belt and read Level Two readers. Daughter has grown another inch, and is climbing ladders and eating very well with a spoon, thank you very much. It's amazing what a difference a month makes.

No comments: