Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Happy Halloween!

For Halloween, my kids were, from oldest to youngest, Harry Potter, Fluttershy, and Hedwig the owl. Dressing up three kids is not easy! Even though Harry Potter largely dressed himself, he still had little adjustments he needed help with such as a coat that kept opening. I dressed up Katniss Everdeen from The Hunger Games, but only on Halloween night itself. All the other activities and parties were too much for me. By the time I dressed up the kids, I was too tired. To dress myself in anything but regular duds.

We had a blast, though, and the pumpkin Husband carved was really cool, as in darkness it threw a nice creepy bat shadow over the whole ceiling, reminiscent of Batman. We went Cosplay with Ballerina's costume as we couldn't find an actual Fluttershy kids' costume. There is Twilight Sparkle, Rainbow Dash, even Pinkie Pie, but no Fluttershy? Why not? Anybody care to comment on this?

Ballerina didn't care to wear just a My Little Pony hoodie. She was a hit with her pink bubblegum hair, though.

No comments: