Saturday, November 14, 2015

Oh, Paris.


Oh, Paris. Your heart must be broken. Your city violated as is your sense of security. I mourn with you the loss of life, the loss of human beings innocent and exuberant in living their lives. They were shot down within an agonizing half an hour, too terrible to contemplate, never to forget. I'm so sorry for your great loss, families of victims.

My heart hurts for all the people who survived and witnessed this horrific event, images indelibly but reluctantly etched in their memory. I pray they are not forgotten and properly taken care of in counseling sessions.

Paris, I only visited you for a few days nearly twenty years ago, but I remember you fondly. I wish your people strength as you face this faceless enemy and I pray you are protected as you go about your daily lives.

We stand by you.

No comments: